Moody Gardens has a plethora of outstanding events and fun things
to do in Galveston, TX. As the most convenient hotel near Moody
Gardens, we have intimate knowledge of the area's activities.
Here are our picks for the ten best Moody Gardens exhibits and
events to experience during your stay with us.
1. SpongeBob SubPants Adventure lets you dive into adventure with SpongeBob SquarePants and his friends at Bikini Bottom. Interact with the hapless captain, Patrick Star, and embark on an unforgettable family adventure.
2. Colonel Paddlewheel Boat gives you an hour-long cruise aboard a replica of an 1800s paddlewheel boat. Private cruises and dinner are also available for bigger groups.
3. See a 3D movie at the MG 3D Theater, with the latest Hollywood films and educational films on history and nature.
4. Or take your movie to another dimension at the 4D Special Effects Theater, with shows every 20 minutes.
5. Zip through the air on a rope or zipline course. Small kids can even take on the Small Tykes Rope Course.
6. In summer, splash in the sun at Palm Beach Waterpark, with its white sand and palm trees. (Closed until summer 2017.)
7. In winter, visit the Moody Gardens Festival of Lights, a mile-long trail with more than one million lights, and a 100 lighted scenes. Skate in the only outdoor skating rink in the area, too.
8. Golf seven days a week at Galveston's premier golf course, the Moody Gardens Golf Course.
9. Learn about the local environment at a free birding class, presented by Moody Gardens and Galveston Island Nature Tourism Council.
10. Relax on the beachfront with music during the Bands on the Sand concert series every summer.